November 10th, 2017, 11:01 pm
Call for Guest Comics!
Whew guys. 2017 has been quite a year. Both I and my family have had some challenging and even heart-breaking experiences. But there have also been moments of fun and laughter and joy. One things for certain though: it's been exhausting! Consequently, there have been a few times this year when the main story was put on hold. While I try to keep these interruptions to a bare minimum, so many readers have expressed their understanding and encouragement during these times, and I'm very grateful for that.
In the near future, I'm going to need to take another break, just to make sure everything is on track and running smoothly, both with Aww, Feathers! as well as with my own life. (It's easy to let things fall through the cracks with so many things going on in real life.) But to fill that gap, I'm excited to announce our third guest comic event! To be honest, I'm not sure yet exactly when it will start, but it will probably be early 2018, so for now the soft deadline for submissions is March 15, 2018. That gives you a couple months at least to work on your submissions. Our first and second were both awesome! I'm looking forward to what our guest artists come up with this time... and also to the break! Seriously, every submission, no matter your style or skill level, will be a big help! All you need to do is follow the guidelines below. (Note, I am willing to be flexible on things like format and even page amount as long as you talk to me first. Just send me an email and we'll work something out.)
- Anyone may submit a guest comic, regardless of whether you've submitted one before.
- Each participant may submit up to three entries. These may be three pages of the same story, or three completely separate pieces.
- Collaborations are allowed (one person could do the art while another does the writing, etc.). If you're looking for a collaborator, leave a comment on this news post. If you're an artist and having trouble finding a collaborator, talk to me. I've got a few ideas I could toss your way. ;-)
- Any skill level and art style is allowed (color or black and white, digital or traditional, realistic or cartoony, etc.). The important thing is that it looks like thought and effort went into its creation.
- Submissions may be full page or comic strip format
- Any submission larger than 800 pixels wide by 1200 pixels high or 5 MB in file size will be resized or compressed, so if yours is bigger than that make sure it looks okay at those dimensions.
- Each entry should feature at least one of the Aww, Feathers! cast, whether they be one of the main characters or a secondary character.
- You may include other characters, even your own, as long as you have the rights to do so.
- Feel free to have fun with the characters and story; entries don't have to be 100% true to the comic. Try not to make it radically different however.
- Remember to keep it family friendly: no profanity, gore, or suggestive themes.
- Please submit your entries to email@example.com no later than March 15, 2018.
- You do not have to submit a Spanish version or translation with your comic. If you'd like to though, you may, and the translated versions will not count towards your 3 entry limit.
- Please do not post your entries anywhere else (deviantArt, your website, etc.) until after it's posted here. We don't want to spoil the surprise!
- By submitting an entry, you grant me permission to post it here, though you maintain the rights to any characters you create. I will include your name and a link to your website (if provided) in the description of your submission. I will not use your submission for any other purpose unless I obtain your permission first.
- Most, if not all entries that follow the rules above will be accepted. However, I have the final say on what gets posted. It's unlikely, but possible that an entry may conflict with future ideas I have for the story for example, and if that's the case I'll let you know, along with possible alterations that would make it acceptable.
If you have any questions, leave a comment or send an email. While not required, I'd love to know if you plan on making one so I get an idea of how many to expect. Thanks so much in advance to anyone who plans to contribute! The more we get, the more updates there will be during the break! Happy Comicking!