June 16th, 2015, 8:05 am
Emergency Guest Comic Event!
I mentioned before that I plan to release a print version of Aww, Feathers! later this year. I'm way excited for that! However, while making plans for it I'm realizing just how much there is to do to prepare for it! Collecting all the pages, last minute touch-ups, printing a proof, getting the word out, etc. That combined with the fact that the pages for the current chapter have been taking longer than usual means it's been a challenge to work on regular AF updates and preparations for the print version at the same time. I really need to buckle down and get a few things taken care of for the print version to be successful. Rather than put the webcomic on hiatus however, I decided to solicit the help of my awesome readers.
I always wanted to do a guest comic event, and was planning to host one some time next year. However, given all that's going on, now seemed like an opportune time. So if anyone would like to create a comic strip or page for Aww, Feathers! it would really help me out a bunch! Here's the plan: The current chapter will run until about mid to late July. Between now and then, I'll be accepting guest-made comics. After this chapter ends, I'll run the guest comics, probably for about a month or so, which will give me some much needed breathing room to get more preparations taken care of for the print version. The more guest entries I receive, the more I'll be able to post per week during that time! After the guest comics are through, the normal story line will resume.
Anyone may submit a guest comic as long as they follow these rules:
- Any skill level and art style is allowed (color or black and white, digital or traditional, realistic or cartoony, etc.). Collaborations are also allowed (one person could do the writing, another the art). The important thing is that it looks like thought and effort went into its creation.
- Submissions may be page or comic strip format, but each submission should be no bigger than 800 pixels wide by 1200 pixels high and no larger than 5 MB in file size.
- Each participant may submit up to three entries. These may be three pages of the same story, or three completely separate pieces.
- You do not have to submit a Spanish version or translation with your comic. If you'd like to though, you may, and the translated versions will not count towards your 3 entry limit.
- Each entry should feature at least one of the Aww, Feathers! cast, whether they be one of the main characters or a secondary character.
- You may include other characters, even your own, as long as you have the rights to do so.
- Feel free to have fun with the characters and story; entries don't have to be 100% true to the comic. Try not to make it radically different however.
- Remember to keep it family friendly: no profanity, gore, or suggestive themes.
- While not requierd, you're encouraged to include a link to your own website somewhere on the page so that if others like it, they can find more of your work. I'm not advocating overt self-promotion, but a discreet web address is not only allowed, but encouraged.
- Please do not post your entries anywhere else (deviantArt, your website, etc.) until after it's posted here. We don't want to spoil the surprise!
- By submitting an entry, you grant me permission to post it here, though you maintain the rights to any characters you create. I will include your name and a link to your website (if provided) in the description of your submission. I will not use your submission for any other purpose unless I obtain your permission first.
- Please submit your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 31st.
- Most, if not all, entries that follow the rules above will be accepted. However, I have the final say on what gets posted. It's unlikely, but possible that an entry may conflict with future ideas I have for the story for example, and if that's the case I'll let you know, along with possible alterations that would make it acceptable.
If you have any questions, leave a comment or send an email. Also, it's not required, but it would be helpful to know how many people plan on submitting something, so feel free to let me know if you're going to be making one. Happy Comicking! I look forward to seeing your creations!